Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twisted Alcohol 6

I decided to make one more set of Twisted Alcohol backgrounds to show for my upcoming demo at a local stamp club. I went for a purple palette, using a variety of blue & purple alcohol inks along with copper metallic mixative on a craft sheet.
Added alcohol blending solution to mix the colors a bit and dipped & twisted glossy card stock into this mixture.
Here are the assorted backgrounds I got from this mixture. These are my favorites from yesterday and today. I think it's important to use a wide variety in the color palette and to use lots of ink.
I choose on of these backgrounds, stamped and embossed some butterflies with black embossing powders and stamped some more butterflies with black Archival ink on one of the purple backgrounds.
I stamped some more butterflies with white dye ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder and over stamped them with light purple dye ink.
These are very light images, here is a close up.
I painted a large chipboard "B" with antiqued bronze crackle distress paint. After it dried, I adhered it to the background and added a clear sticker saying. I splattered all with copper metallic mixative with an old toothbrush.
I created a frame with copper colored metallic paper, embossed in a Cuttlebug embossing folder. And layered it all on a purple card.

No comments: