Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twisted Alcohol 5

Making more Twisted Alcohol backgrounds for an upcoming demo in January. I wanted to try and get a deeper red than I did yesterday by adding a darker purple to the mix on to a craft sheet.
Added blending solution to mix the colors a bit, and dipped and twisted glossy card stock in it.
Turned a deeper red, but not quite the color variation I was hoping for.
As the ink on the craft sheet got less, I added more blending solution.
I was able to color a couple more sheets of glossy card stock.
I took one of the backgrounds, stamped a heart and embossed with black embossing powder. Stamped some floral flourishes with black Archival ink and heat set.
Stamped more floral flourishes with white dye ink, heat set, then over stamped with red dye ink and heat set.
Used an old toothbrush to splatter on Copper Metallic Mixative over the background.
Added a rub-on "of love" onto a piece of similar background that had been splattered with the bronze metallic mixative. Added a ribbon and metal frame with brads. All was layered onto black card stock and then onto a white card.

1 comment:

inge said...

beautiful backgrounds !!

I tried the technique Tim showed, but i haven't tried it out with other colors.
When I see yours, you inspire me to try some more !

greetings
Inge