I decided to make a covered pad to give to Pauline for her "It" gift in January as an ongoing project on Art-Venturers. She choose women's faces for her theme. I decided it would be fun to try out the new masks I bought. I cut a piece of card stock 4" x 8" to be the front cover for the note pad. I place the card stock on to a craft sheet and then placed the mask over the card stock where I wanted it. Using the craft sheet behind the paper, keeps the mask from adhering to something other than the card stock. I added tattered rose Distress ink over the card stock. Then I blended in fired brick Distress ink over the card stock.After adhering this back to the front, I ran a Coffee Bean Brilliance ink pad around the edges to finish the back side of the cover.
Next, I stamped a script stamp with aged mahogany Distress ink over the card stock several times.
After removing the ink, I sprayed a watered down home made shimmering mist. I let it sit for a minute to allow the colors to bleed a bit together, then heat set.
After adhering the front of the cover to the back side (described below), I stamped on a texture stamp with Coffee Bean Brilliance ink and used this same ink to color the edges of the card stock.
I used black Versafine ink to stamp on words. Layered on the woman's image I made earlier today on brown card stock that had been embossed with the Swiss dot Cuttlebug embossing folder. The edges of both of these were colored with Coffee Bean Brilliance ink. I colored a metal butterfly charm with copper metallic alcohol ink and added a ribbon to it and glued on to finish the front.
For the back, I used the same watered down homemade shimmering mist sprayed on over the card stock.
I sprayed fine water mist on the craft sheet to make droplets of the Distress ink already on the craft sheet and dropped the card stock on it to soak up this color, then heat set. I stamped several women's' face images on the sheet with black Archival ink.