Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Twisted Alcohol 1

In two weeks, I'm doing a demo at our local stamp club on the Twisted Alcohol background. I need to make a bunch of samples before club meets. For the first set, I mixed Copper Metal Mixative with some red alcohol inks on a craft sheet.
Added alcohol blending solution.
Then I placed a sheet glossy card stock down into the mixture, twisted, lifted up and placed the card stock down again to pick up more color.
There was still enough ink on the craft sheet to cover another card.I didn't realized there were some dried bits of platinum distress paint on the craft sheet. This second sheet of card stock picked it up. I like the added texture.
I took the first sheet of card stock and stamped a large flourish in one corner, covered with black embossing powder and heat set it. I used portions of the same stamp and black Archival ink to add images to the other 3 corners.
I stamped some smaller flourishes with white Brilliance ink and heat set.
I then used an old toothbrush to splatter copper metallic mixative over the surface. It doesn't show up very well in the photo.
I added an image with a metal frame and brads to a decorative ribbon and a vellum saying. This was all layered onto black card stock and then onto a white card.

No comments: