Thursday, March 14, 2013

Green ATC

 The theme this month on 9ATC group is "Green". Green makes me think of nature.
I decided to do the Vaseline Resist technique on coated card stock. I used a thin layer of Vaseline on a reverse style stamp.  Each time you stamp with the vaseline, you get some variation. I used some green dye inks with a sponge to color the card.
 Stamped a dragonfly image with black India Ink on the background. I used a very dark green dye ink pen to color in the body of the dragonfly. Colored in some areas with different shades of green Twinkling H2Os. Because the vaseline is on a coated card stock, it doesn't completely soak into the card stock and resists some of the Twinkling H2Os. I think it looks appropriate on this card.

 Colored the edges of the ATC with tarnished brass Distress Stain.


Finished, by adding a brass colored embellishment.
I'm not able to capture the sparkle & shimmer of the Twinkling H2Os, but they look fabulous.


No comments: