Thursday, February 16, 2012

Faux Crazed Porcelain

Today I tried the Faux Crazed Porcelain technique from Shelley Hickox's blog Stamptramp. Make sure you see her instructions and photo as it is so cool. I didn't have all the supplies and made a substitution that probably altered how it turned out. What I did.
Cut a heart out of grunge paper. Since I don't have picket fence Distress crackle paint (and didn't find it at my LSS). Decided to paint the heart with white acrylic paint, let it dry, then painted on a thin even coat of clear rock candy Distress crackle paint and let it dry.  
 Stamped saying over dried crackle paint with black acrylic paint and let it dry.
 Completely cover surface with VersaMark ink and then clear embossing enamel and heat emboss. Repeat it two more times.
 I like how it looks, but the cracks aren't showing from the crackle paint layer. Perhaps because I see the white acrylic paint and none of the grunge paper is showing.

No comments: