Sunday, February 6, 2011

Metal Inchie ATC

This month ATC is to use metal inchie(s) on your ATC. I started by making metal inchie out of thin copper sheet. Cut the metal into a 1" square and filed the edges. Then embossed in a Cuttlebug embossing folder. At first the small metal piece slipped around (top one), so I applied a small piece of double stick tape to hold the metal in the spot I wanted.Then rubbed some dark patina acrylic paint into the creases and let dry.
Made some complimentary inches out of some green foil candy wrappers. Because the foil is thin, I didn't want the piece to lose its shape, I glued to a small 1" piece of card board, before running through the same Cuttlebug embossing folder. After gluing the foil around the cardboard piece, colored in the creases by rubbing on copper acrylic paint.
Like to reuse materials. Cut a cardboard box into 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" atc backs, colored with brown Distress ink. Colored some ribbon with green Distress ink.
Adhered a green/orange metallic mesh over the card board back. Attached ribbon with green staples. Adhered on three metal inches to complete the ATC.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I love the metal inchies!!!
Chrissy