Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Book Study - Emboss Resist

On NGS group we are studying Bernie Berlin's book "Artist Trading Card Workshop". This week is the section on "Emboss Resist". I took this as a workshop with Bernie two years ago, it was lots of fun and I loved the backgrounds. You can use more than one color of paint, if you desire.
Paint your card with acrylic paint and let dry. This is the color that will be revealed through the resist.
Stamp an image over the paint with clear embossing ink, sprinkle on clear embossing powder and heat set.
Lightly paint over the entire surface with a contrasting color of acrylic paint and let dry.
Place your card on a heat resistant surface, then place a piece of scrap paper over your card and use a hot iron over the paper. Use lots of pressure and move the paper around quickly so it doesn't stick to the card. Save the scrap that picks up the top layer of acrylic paint and the embossing ink.
Here is my background, I don't mind that some of scrap paper stuck to my background, I'll make it work.

2 comments:

CreativSpirit said...

Very nice Carol, I like the way it turned out.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Rob

chrissy said...

I really liked how this turned out!!!
Chrissy