Sunday, November 29, 2009

Spanish cards

I'm glad that some stamp companies are now making stamps with greetings in different languages. My Spanish is very limited, but I want to express messages in Spanish to my new-to-be Spanish speaking relatives.
My friend Peggy showed me how to make dimensional flowers out of circles punched from double sided paper. I started with eight 1-1/4" circles and folded them as seen below. These were then adhered to a 3"x3" piece of paper in a larger circle. Layered the flower onto coordinating papers and glued a large pink button in the center of the flower. Stamped saying to bottom of card.
The next card will be sent out of country, I wanted dimension while keeping the card flat to save on postage. I cut out floral shapes from left over paste paper bits and punched out small circles for the floral centers. The edges of all these pieces were colored with a red marker. Glued them on to some patterned paper and stamped the saying with red ink.

1 comment:

Rena Sawatski said...

Love the flower- will have to give this a try.