Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mini Faux Dichroic Glass

Before I forgot what Adrienne taught me during her visit, decided to play with the Faux Dichroic Glass technique again. I cut black mat board into 3/4" square pieces and glued on a variety of Fantasy Film colors with Elmer's glue.
These were heat set with an iron over parchment paper on top of the pieces. I love how the fantasy film changes color with heat.
Covered the pieces with VersaMark ink and then Opals embossing enamel and heat with a heat tool. Added two more layers of Opals, heating with each addition. Because these pieces are so small, instead of laying the stamp on top of the pieces, I laid the hot piece down on top of the stamp (inked with VersaMark) and lightly pressed down. These set very quickly.
I love how these turned out, all the different colors are fabulous. Used a gold leafing pen to color the edges of the pieces. See how the colors change as the pieces are in a different light?

1 comment:

Trizzy said...

WOW Carol - these are gorgeous! I am going to try this for my minchie frames - I love using UTEE!