Sunday, September 13, 2009

R is for Reverse Stamping

I hadn't used my "Reverse Stamp" in so many years, I forgot I had it. Seeing "reverse stamping" in the list of stamping techniques, reminded me to give it a go. I chose a women's face image and stamped it with brown Brilliance ink and stamped this image onto the reverse stamp. I find this easier to do using pigment inks, as they dry slower than dye inks, and I don't feel like I have to rush.
Stamped the "reverse stamp" onto confetti card stock, then stamped the original image on to the same card stock. Great reverse.
For fun, went for the reverse & negative image. Stamped the woman's face onto this foam block after softening the surface by heating with a heat tool.
Used same Brilliance ink pad, to ink up the foam and stamp image on to confetti card stock.
Fun to play and experiment.

No comments: