Saturday, April 11, 2009

ATC Holder for Fiona

Fiona's birthday is this month and I want to send her a present when I mail off the ATCs for the ATC swaps she hosts on ccswaps. I had an idea to use some of the shaving cream backgrounds I made earlier today for the inside covers of an ATC holder. For the outside covers, I cut out two pieces of Double Saran Watercolor Spray background I made last fall (it's the first one shown on this post).

I wanted a bit of orange on the covers, but this was more intense than I wanted. After running them through a Cuttlebug embossing folder, I made a wash of translucent acrylic paint to brush over the surface and then wiped off with a tissue.


To highlight the texture, I colored the raised areas with a dark green Brilliance ink pad. Now these covers have just a hint of orange.

I cut the shaving cream backgrounds down to size and stamped on sayings with black Versafine ink. The dragonflies on the left page, were stamped in orange Distress ink, then over stamped in grey dye ink. The butterflies on the right page where stamped with black Versafine ink, and then the solid part with the orange Distress ink.

After adhering the front and back covers together, I colored the edges with a Copper leafing pen. Then I bound the covers and hard plastic name tag holders with a Zutter Bind-it-All.
For the front, I added an image of a girl over copper skeleton leaves, stamped some words to the bottom of her skirt with black Archival ink. Letter beads were sewn on with copper fibers.

Inside front:
It's difficult to see in these photos, but the marbling of the shaving cream background makes me think of flight. Inside back:

Outside back:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous project! Beautiful art!