Sunday, October 25, 2009

Using new toys for the inchie frame

I've received all the inchies from the other participants in the Inchie Frame Swap. I need to make one center piece and 2 inchies to complete my personal frame. My color scheme is red, yellow, orange with metal accents.
For the center piece, I cut a thin piece of copper and stamped on a text stamp with a mixture of black and red StazOn inks. Next, ran the copper through the Cuttlebug with a floral embossing folder and colored the raised areas with red StazOn ink and heat set.
Decided to use two mini chipboard butterflies on one of the inchies. Used the yellow portion from a package of Rainbow Opals to coat one of the mini butterflies.
For the other mini butterfly, I coated with several layers of Mango Opals, heat setting after each layer. On the last layer impressed into texture stamp inked with red StazOn ink, let cool.
I cut 1" piece of red paper and stamped a text stamp on it. Used Foil Lattice to add texture to the piece.
Added the two mini butterflies to finish this inchie.
For the second inchie, I covered it with a piece of decorative paper I received from Autumn. Added a thin strip of red-orange colored paper towel. Stamped "faith" and "love" on the background paper with red StazOn ink. Finished by added a bronze colored metal flower with a matching brad.

No comments: