Friday, October 2, 2009

Mini Canvas 1

I'm working on some birthday presents. I had made an extra canvas with molding paste and colored with browns & creams when I did Tracey's mini memory. I sprayed over the canvas with Bronze/Brass Color mist, and lightly sprinkled on some regular and copper Perfect Pearls. Used the Bronze/Brass Color mist to spray a large veined leaf I had cut in half, also used to color the edges of a vintage image and to change the pink sleeve to bronze.
Decided to deepen the color of the canvas by making a wash of copper Perfect Pearls and water and then brushed this wash over the canvas. Used the extra wash to color another mini canvas for a future project.
Used metal russet Lumiere paint to color the edges and parts of a brocade polymer clay butterfly I made last spring, most of the cut skeleton leaf and some letter beads.

Sewed the beads onto the brocade butterfly to look like the body and spell out "DREAM". Adhered the wings, a flourish and the image to the canvas with medium gel mat. Difficult to see in this photo, but I colored the hair in the image with a mixture of medium gel mat and copper Perfect Pearls. The flourish was colored with copper Perfect Pearls and a Copper leafing pen.

3 comments:

Trizzy said...

This is so beautiful! I too have been using skeleton leaves as wings - they are so delicate and really set the piece off - love the colours on this one...

Rena Sawatski said...

Carol, both your mini canvases are gorgeous. Never thought of using the skeleton leaves as wings, so thanks for that idea. I am sure both the birthday gals will love these.

WendyK said...

Just love this one, fab colours and composition