Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fantasy Film butterflies

Adrienne encouraged me to have a bit of a play after showing me some of what fantasy film can do. I inked an open winged butterfly stamp with dark brown Stazon ink and laid two pieces of light fantasy film on top, then a sheet of parchment paper and heated with a hot iron. This is what happened:
Cut out the butterfly and added some cut red pieces of fantasy film and some angelina fibers (which are shredded fantasy film bits).
Covered with another sheet of light fantasy film.

Heat set on, cut out the butterfly shape. View from one side:

View from the other side:
I made another fantasy film butterfly using the same stamp, but choosing a two darker sheets of fantasy film. I left the heat on for quite awhile and got this lovely color variations:
I cut out the butterfly slightly larger than the stamped image and laid down another sheet of light fantasy film.
Heat set the layers together and re cut the butterfly shape. Here's one side:
Here's the other side:
I can see I need to order some of this fun material!!!

No comments: