Monday, January 5, 2009

Winter Warmth

I wanted to make a couple of winter cards and decided to re-use some backgrounds I made earlier. I stamped on two word images and embossed with black Distress embossing powder. I don't think I shook the jar enough before pouring. To see how it should be done, watch Tim's video of him using the Distress Embossing Powder. I held the heat tool very close to the card, this slightly "burnt" the clear embossing that was already on the background, giving it a nice distressed/aged appearance.
I inked some paper and a small tag with antique linen Distress ink. I did a better job of shaking the jar of black Distress Embossing powder on the tag.
I ran an image on a transparency sheet through my Xyron sticker maker and attached it to the background. Attached the tag with a snowflake embellishment. Layered the background on to the colored card stock and then on to a blue card.

The inside of the card says "Nothing warms my Heart like thoughts of You."

3 comments:

inge said...

it's good to see how you use your backgrounds !
Nice quotes about friendship...
greetings
Inge

chrissy said...

I love the quotes you use on your cards and art. Where do you find the quotes you use??? Or do you own a lot of quote stamps???
Chrissy

Manna said...

Oh, I love the background on this one! Gorgeous card, as always!