For this book, I used purple fabrics (mostly batiks) and golden brown fabric. I loved using the purple & gold fabric with wing images, it helped me choose the theme of angels for this book. I used a multicolor thread with a variety of decorative stitches to sew the pieces together. A zigzag stitch was used to sew the edges down.
I had fun experimenting with printing on the canvas paper. The photos on the top row, were sent to me by Adrienne, back when I was the "IT" girl on Art-Venturers. The two on the left, had quotes already printed onto the photos by Adrienne. The images on the bottom row were down loaded from the web. I used black Versafine ink to stamp on sayings. These were sewn onto the fabric pages, before sewing the pockets together.
I used yellow gold embroidery thread to sew the pages together. I tied a key to the top of the binding with decorative purple fibers. I sewed on charms to the cover
I had some decorative ribbons with words printed on them, these were sewn on the inside front cover. Instead of having button closures on the pockets, I sewed on metal heart charms. Besides being decorative, the weight of the charms help hold the pocket flaps down.
Back of first pocket, and front of second pocket.Back of second pocket and front of third pocket. I sewed on another heart charm to the image on the canvas paper.
Back of third pocket and front of fourth pocket.
Back of fourth pocket and inside back cover. I attached a chipboard circle with decorative thread to the top of the page and a metal charm with decorative thread to the canvas paper. on the back of the fourth pocket. Some more decorative ribbon with pre-printed words were sewn on to the back cover.