Saturday, January 17, 2009

Book Study - Texture with Webbing Spray (I make do with an alternative background)

We're doing a Book Study as a group on NGS, using Nancy Curry's book "Texture Effects for Rubber Stamping". This week we are looking at her card "Perfect Paisley". In this card Nancy uses webbing spray to add texture to her card. Nancy says, "Webbing Spray is one of the easiest textural tools to use once you get control of the spraying....it looks better if the spray falls down to the paper." I admit I haven't had success with webbing spray in the past, even with letting it fall down of the paper. My cans of webbing spray have gone off to be enjoyed by another crafter. I decided not to buy more webbing spray, but to try to get the textural feel of Nancy's card with another method. In my stash, I found this piece of Black Pearl Paper (which uses paper towels as a base) I made last spring, and wave pattern stamped onto blue card stock.
I wanted to add some gold highlights to the blue paper, I stamped on a textured image with gold Encore ink. Then cut out three 1" squares from this paper with a square punch. Next I cut two of the 1" squares in half diagonally.
I cut out a piece of black pearl paper into a 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" strip and adhered the triangles and diamond as Nancy had done with her card. I layered the black pearl paper onto a strip of gold metallic paper and then onto a black card. I glued on three black buttons to finish the card.
My card isn't as striking in appearance as Nancy's, but I like it.

2 comments:

Manna said...

This is beautiful, Carol! I like your paper towel background. Also like how you stamped the patterned paper with more pattern in gold! TFS!

chrissy said...

I like your card too!!!! And you did achieve the texture using the paper and supplies you had on hand.
Chrissy