It was my turn to do a demo at my local stamp club and I choose Tim Holtz's Twisted Alcohol Ink Background. I choose the same colors for the alcohol inks as when I made these.
The demo was going along as planned, until I went to dry the background with a heat tool before stamping the embossed image. As I was drying the background, the paper began to buckle. I must have accidentally placed some glossy photo paper in my glossy card stock scrap bag, oops. We all decided the buckling was a cool effect and I carried on. (Sorry there are not step by step photos for this, I didn't take my camera to club with me. The technique is almost the same as when I did the cards here.) I wanted this card to be wintry, with a promise of spring to come. The butterflies in the lower left corner are white rub-ons. The large butterfly in the upper right corner was a 6 leaf large paper flower. I tore off two opposite petals. Used silver metallic mixative to add silver stripes to the butterfly wings, added a silver brad and some wire to make the antennas (click here to see how to turn different flowers into butterflies). For the tag, I stamped the floral flourish with black Archival ink on to a chipboard tag and adhered a piece of vellum with the word "Blessings" on it, attached it to the card with black brads and a metal flower charm. The black layer is a piece of black card stock with a white core, that was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded to reveal the white.