Sunday, September 30, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge #23 - Distress Markers

I'm participating in the 23rd Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2"  on Linda's blog. This week the technique is Distress Markers on pg. 50 of Tim's book. Tim gives two different techniques using his Distress Markers in the book. I decided to incorporate both of them in my ATC.
I used the first of the two Distress Markers technique as the background for my ATC, love how this looks!
 I used the second Distress Markers technique in the book for the next layer of my ATC. Love the depth the contrast of the two techniques gives the ATC.
 Used Vintaj paints to color a pen nib.
 Used sepia Archival Ink over the pen nib to darken the colors. Punched butterfly shape out of one of Tim's papers, stamped part of the background image over the paper and colored the edges of the paper with Distress marker.
 Adhered the butterfly pen nib to the ATC and added some round letter stickers to spell out notes.
Fun project!!!

No comments: