Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Combining Embossing Folders and Embossing Powders

I saw a fabulous technique on Chrissy's blog combining embossing folders and embossing powders (ep) as two of the many cards she made at a workshop. I'm adapting this for the "Creative Use of Embossing Powder" ATC swap on the 9ATC group.
I started by covering watercolor paper with blue acrylic paint then covering most of it with green Distress Stain and let dry.
 Now for the technique! Dab VersaMark Ink over one side of an embossing folder. Then, before the ink dries, place card in the embossing folder and run through your machine (I used a Cuttlebug).
 While the VersaMark ink is still damp, cover with embossing powder. I decided to use walnut stain Distress ep (it's important to shake the bottle of powder before pouring). Heat set.
 Let the Distress ep cool, before rubbing and releasing the crystals.  I like the contrast of the painted raised areas with the rough Distress ep in the background. With this technique you can use any type/color of ep over different types of paper, which can be painted or inked or left plain.
 For my ATC, added a lace ribbon, one of the paper flowers with lots of embossing powder I made earlier, and a small gold filigree flower with a mini pink rhinestone.

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

Your ATC looks great ... your techniques are always so inspiring my friend! Enjoyed the visit!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Gaby