Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sudoku Two - Step Four on Jan's Background

I also received Jan's background in the mail today for this round of Sudoku ATC swaps. Jan did the background and embossed the bingo card image on the card. Maggi used gold Rub n' Buff over the BINGO letters, and Pea added the clear yellow Bingo chip over the number 19. 
 There will still be 4 more players to add elements after me, so not ready to add a large or dramatic element. Decided to enhance the top of the Bingo Card. Pulled out a Color Box Stylus Set (I got this for a Christmas present many years ago, and rarely use it, only because it's stored in a drawer and I forget I have it). Heated the foam base with a heat tool and pressed into the stamp sheet. Inked the stamped foam with black India Ink and stamped over the top of the Bingo card, mainly stamping the raised areas. I needed to be careful not to stamp on the Bingo chip. You can do this same technique using thicker fun foam or those fun "magic stamps" that were popular about 10 -15 years ago or so. After washing the ink off the foam, re heat with a heat tool to "erase" the imprint. When you're ready, re heat with heat tool and press into the stamp of your choice.
 I think this has added a nice grungy element to the ATC. I need to remember to pull out my stylus kit more often.
I'm very interested to see what the next 4 participants do to this ATC.

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

This ATC looks great, Carol!

Have a wonderful Easter, Blessings to you and yours.

Hugs, Gaby