Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moving Parts ATC

It was my turn to pick the monthly ATC theme. I choose an ATC with a moving part(s) that reveals something. I made the ATC base out of grungeboard and the moving part out of grungepaper. I painted them with black acrylic paint, ran them through an embossing folder and colored the top with a very thin layer of copper acrylic paint.
Cut out the moving part and an opening from the base, punched out holes with a Japanese screw punch. Colored the raw edges with black Brilliance ink.
Connected the two parts with a brass brad. Added words with a label maker.
Used a white pencil to write a phrase on the vintage photo revealed under the moving part. This was fun.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

I love this!!!
Chrissy

Karen K. said...

This is really great! I am so CASEing this! I absolutely love your blog with all the techniques. Your step by step commentary really makes it simple to follow and I know I can use these techniques in my own work.