Thursday, May 5, 2011

Card with Dabber Resist & 3D flower

Decided to make a card using the Dabber Resist Technique I played with earlier as my background, using white paper.
Stamped dress image with black StazOn ink over the background and coloring it with worn lipstick Distress ink and a blending tool.
Colored some purchased background papers with home made glitter mists.
Cut out flower shapes with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, I used the smaller flower. I made my flowers similar to how Tim did on one of his Christmas tags. Check out his detailed instructions here. I made my flower with only the lower three layers and not adding in the cut out leaves.
Colored the edges of the petals with pink lipstick Distress Ink. Added a black "pearl" to the center of the flower. Placed on the card over a black ribbon strip. Stamped "express yourself" with black StazOn ink. Layered all onto white card.

1 comment:

Lourdes said...

That's wonderful Carol...I like the background!