Sunday, July 26, 2009

What happens when I grab the wrong supplies

I wanted to work on a project from Nancy Curry's Book (see post above), but didn't realize I was grabbing acrylic paint instead of watercolor and stamp cleaning solution instead of water. I don't do well in the heat. I think my brain takes a vacation when it gets over 90 F LOL.
I sprayed coated card stock with the cleaning fluid. Put purple acrylic paint on the end of a large brush, sprayed the brush with more cleaning solution and spread over the wet card stock.
While the paint was still wet, used dry stamps to remove some of the paint to revel light images.
Over stamped the same images in a light purple dye ink, which didn't show at all, so brushed on some purple perfect pearls while some of the images where still damp.
Next, over stamped the same images with dark purple dye ink.
Stamped some text and more dragonflies with black Archival ink and heat set.
Trimmed down the card stock, roughly inked up the edges with black Archival ink and heat set. Tore a strip of black coppery metal paper and layered on the left side on black card stock, then added my stamped page. Finished with a copper metal butterfly charm.
Like how it turned out, even though I started with very different materials than planned LOL.

1 comment:

Lindart said...

Happy accidents are the best!! Great page!