Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Margaret's "IT" Gift

Margaret is the "IT" girl for June in the Art-Venturers group. She choose Cemetery Angels as her theme. I decorated a small box for her, and included 3 cemetery angel images that I printed on canvas paper for her to use as she likes (I did fix the edges of the lining before mailing off the gift).
Started by painting a cardboard jewelry box with gesso and let dry. Then sponged on pearlescent stencil paste to a flourish stamp and stamped it on to the box and let dry.
Made a wash of mixed d. purple and p. blue acrylic paint, painted over the box and quickly wiped off with a paper towel. The stencil paste, made a great dimensional resist.
I colored a decorative piece of German Scrap (I think that is what it is, I received it in the mail from Linda Baldock last week), with silver Encore ink. I also cut out 3 words (from a sheet of words from Linda) and glued them into a small silver frame charm. I covered the words with a small piece of iridescent gift wrap.
Darkened a bright shiny strip of silver ribbon with black StazOn ink, and glued to the lid. Printed a cemetery angel image onto a transparency sheet, added this to the lid, along with the charm frame and the German scrap piece.
I wanted something soft and stretchy to line the inside of the box. Started with a baby wipe that had been used to clean some brushes:
Added color by spraying with some home made sprays of blue & purple dye inks in mini misters.
Stamped a flourish in blue and purple Distress inks.
Ran the sheet through a Xyron sticker maker, cut the sheet in half and lined the inside of the box and lid. Later I went back and used Perfect Paper Adhesive to glue down the loose edges to the box. Used black StazOn ink to stamp a saying to the inside of the lid.

No comments: