Monday, March 3, 2008

Double Deuce Dare You! Swap

Another great swap on ccswaps. We were asked to sign up to receive a package of goodies, to use at least half of the items and send the finished project to another person in the swap. This is what came in the mail today:

I saw a great background technique on Tim Holtz's blog I wanted to try. I don't have the Ranger daubers, so I sponged acrylic paint on my stamp and stamped on the slide holder and dried the paint with a heat tool. [Make sure to wash the acrylic paint off your stamps immediately.]

I got very different results with my sprays than what Tim shows in his technique, because the slide holder is porous and absorbs the ink, where the sprays flow more freely on the tag he used. (I will have to try this again on a tag sometime soon). I made up mists mixing brushed corduroy ink with kiwi perfect pearls, an orange re-inker with bronze perfect pearls and a red re-inker with copper perfect pearls. Even though my results are very different, I like it a lot.

I darkened the edges with brushed corduroy ink:

Here is my finished project, front:

open:

back:


This was lots of fun! I hope to be able to participate in another swap like this again. I can't wait to see what lovely project I will receive.

5 comments:

Rena Sawatski said...

What a great bunch of stuff Pea sent you, and you certainly rose to the challenge. Love the piece you created and I am sure your partner will too.

Unknown said...

Well you excelled. Love your Tim Holtz inspired work, but glad that you got the results that you did, cos then they are unique to yo (does that make sense)
This seems like a great group to belong to, as you say FUN!!!

Susie said...

I love this Carol, what a wonderful result. Your posts are always full of really great instructions too, I love sharing in your creativity!

SweetPea said...

FANTASTIC Carol!! WOWZA Thanks also for the step-by-step instructions - that was PERFECT!

Maggi said...

Send to me instead! It is beautiful, and I am sorry that I didn't sign up. Guess I will next time!!!!