Saturday, February 23, 2008

Background ATCs

More backgrounds!!! These will be for the March 10:9 ATC swap on ccswaps, the theme is backgrounds. When I was playing with backgrounds yesterday, I made some that were too time consuming to do 5 - 10 full sized sheets, but worked to do one sheet from which to cut out ATCs.(I am not a very patient person, LOL)
The background paper for the first ATC was made out of dictionary pages.

I tore pages in half out of a couple of different sized dictionaries I found at the dollar store. I wrinkled the pages, opened them up and glued them onto a piece of card stock. Make sure to glue down the over lapping edges of paper.

I colored the raised areas with distress ink.

I mixed some Kiwi perfect pearls with water and brushed it over the surface and let dry. (I love a bit of sparkle!)

I wanted more contrast, so I highlighted the very top creases with a darker shade of Distress Ink. Then I cut the paper into 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" pieces for ATCs, and inked the edges with this same Distress Ink pad.


For fun, I used the large Punch Bunch slide punch and a small heart punch on some different background paper I had made. This paper was made using mists & water, and then scratching the surface (sorry I didn't take pictures). Even the saying was stamped on another background paper I had made (but don't remember what I did).

The next ATC was made with cut tissue paper on glossy cs.

I cut a variety of colors of tissue paper into sort of squares and laid them on a sheet of glossy card stock, and generously sprayed water over the surface. Then I let it dry.

After it dried, I cut the sheet into ATC sized pieces. The small squares for the letters J O Y, were punched out of background paper using the Luminous Paste technique similar to what I did for the background swap. I got the idea of punching slots and running a ribbon down the side from a little beauty I received from Maggie in an Instant Art Swap. I get lots of great ideas from swaps.

2 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Ooooooh these are lovely! They are all lovely! But these are almost edible! Can I taste one? Gorgeous work!!

Annie said...

Really great Carol.

Annie