Sunday, January 27, 2013

U is for Unused bits

 U is for Unused bits. This is a fun way to use up left over papers you have made or bought. On my counter is a few of the papers I have from experimenting with background techniques and papers used to soak up excess inks and/or paints. I will often grab dictionary pages and music sheets to stamp off extra paint/ink, or wipe off a brush or brayer or whatever.......

For this card, I tore two pieces of paper that I had rolled over excess acrylic paints from my brayer. I adhered these to the card front, overlapping the edges.
For the heart, I cut a heart shape out of a used envelope and ran through a Xyron to cover in adhesive. Tore bits of papers I had made or colored with extra inks in other projects, began to overlap the papers over the heart shape.
 Once the heart was covered, colored all the torn edges with purple acrylic paint.
Adhered the heart to the card front. Colored the edges of the card front with the same purple acrylic paint. Stamped a saying with deep purple StazOn ink on paper and adhered to card. Added some copper colored circles to the card & heart.
This card is for a Fav Technique Swap on Next Generation Stampers.

1 comment: