Monday, January 14, 2013

Altered Surface ATC

This month's theme on the 9ATC group is "Altered Surface".  I adhered piece of a music sheet over card stock. Used metallic copper embossing paste over a geometric stencil to "alter" my surface. I like how you can still tell it's a music sheet.
 To create a butterfly embellishement. Placed Fantasy Fibers between two pieces of parchment paper.
 Ironed with a medium hot iron to fuse the fibers together.
 Used die cut, to cut out butterfly shape and embossed image using a matching embossing folder.
 Adhered center of butterfly to the atc, colored a pen nib with two colors of purple alcohol inks. Added some purple "pearls" and rhinestone.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I have some pen nibs... I never thought of using them as the body of a butterfly... I like that.
chrissy