Sunday, January 6, 2013

Birthday Card for Tim - A Compendium of Curiosities Challenge

I can't believe this is the final  Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2"  on Linda's blog. This week is to make Tim a birthday card using our favorite technique from the Compendium series, any technique from either book.  My all time favorite technique from Tim is the Wrinkle Free Distress technique from the first A Compendium of Curiosities book on pg. 33. 
I made this background on a cut out piece of a Manila folder using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and colored the edges with faded jeans Distress inks. Then stamped various phrases with black Archival ink.
 I cut out a strip of blue paper from Tim's paper stack and stamped the numbers with faded jeans Distress ink. Made a paper rosette (book 2 pg. 63) from some of Tim's paper and colored the edges with faded jeans Distress ink. Added a clock face to the rosette with some game piece spinners. Added a birthday greeting to the inside.
 I think Tim will like it. I also stamped an envelope with related images.
Wishing Tim a wonderful birthday along with thanks for all the creative inspiration he provides.

3 comments:

Anna said...

OH...what wonderful colors!!! Love, love, LOVE that background!!

Kim said...

I think he will love it! The background is so vibrant but my favourite bit is the rosette! Great card.

Linda Ledbetter said...

It's fantastic, Carol! Gorgeous use of the wrinkle-free distress. I know Tim will love it.

Thanks for being part of the birthday card challenge!!!