Saturday, January 12, 2013

Page for my journal

My understanding is we also create a page for our own journals before sending them off to the group to add their creations. I covered both sides  with a decorative napkin, the one on front has an angel image I added as an ink jet image transfer. I stamped a saying by Victor Hugo on the front, but want to play around a bit more with this side.
 The back side has an angel image done with the tap transfer technique. Also stamped a saying by Victor Hugo with black India Ink. This page is inspired by seeing Les Miz recently.
On the front, adhered torn music sheet paper, netting and lace with matte gel medium. I hope it all stays on.
 Stamped the saying on card stock, colored a bit with Distress makers and cut into strips before adding to the page. Cut out an angel statue and layered on a butterfly image and added to lower corner. Made a lacy flower and added a chipped enamel flower to the center. Also added some "pearls" to the page.
 On the back, colored the edges with brown chalk ink. Added some torn music paper, a "pearl" and a silver heart charm.

1 comment:

Oksana Tepp said...

It's beautiful!Embellishments are great. Thank you for sharing. Those journal pages remind me the "chunky" pages which are 4x4in in size, usually created in mixed-media.I collect these pages myself, participating in exchanges with different artists through the atcsforall.com website.