Thursday, June 28, 2012

Embossed Tissue/Washi tape Cards

While reading up on tissue/washi tapes, I came across a fun tutorial on Embossed Washi. A fun way to make cards using some of the faux tissue/washi tape I made earlier.
Placed strips of the faux tissue/washi tape made out of origami paper on white card stock.
 Ran through a textured embossing folder. Love how the texture shows through the washi tape as well.
 Stamped a saying with midnight blue StazOn ink, added a "gold" frame with brads and layered on dark blue card.
 On this card, I stamped a saying in bronze pigment ink on metal flecked origami paper tape. I forgot to run the tape through the embossing folder with the bronze paper. So after adding the faux tape to the layered care, I ran a bone folder over the faux tape. This shows the embossed dots a bit, not as well as if I'd remembered to run it through the embossing folder. Added a paper flower with a fancy brad and placed on a pink card.
 I have a sibling who'll turn "the big 5 0" this coming year. I wanted a card that will be easy to mail (i.e., no embellishments). Covered white card stock with alternating b&w dotted tissue paper faux tape and red tissue paper faux tape. Ran through a birthday embossing folder. Colored the raised areas with platinum and bronze pigment inks. Colored the edges with platinum pigment ink and layered on red card. Fun & easy.

No comments: