Sunday, June 10, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge #9 - Pocket Watch

The 9th Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2" is up on Linda's blog. This time the technique is Pocket Watch on pg. 35 of the book. In this technique, you fill the Pocket Watch from Idea-ology with whatever you want that fits. I love how dimensional it is! Lots of room to play!!! I used some of Tim's paper in the back. Place a large ribbon flower inside (I can't remember who gave it to me, but I was saving it for something special). I raised the small butterflies with foam tape and added some rock candy distress stickler to the surface. I glued the fairy image to the inside glass cover with Glossy Accents. Also added some mini purple rhinestones and some music image paper.  Haven't decided if I'm going to add anything to the top yet.....





































It's the second Friday of the month, and Simon Says Stamp will be giving an awesome $25 gift certificate to one lucky, randomly-selected participant in this week's challenge!

9 comments:

Jane Mort said...

Beautiful!!

Shelann said...

Sweet, you managed to jam a whole world in there.

Michelle said...

Stunning! Your watch appears to tell a story.

EmeralDQueen said...

wow so much detail on this one is amazing. O_O

Linda Ledbetter said...

Carol, this is just exceptional! Every tiny element is perfect-- it's a miniature masterpiece! Great, great work on the CC2C!

Danee said...

Wow you work in small scale….reallly itty bitty tiny itsy scale. I'm impressed that you got so much in there.

Lisa H said...

love the theme - this is wonderful!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my goodness, Carol! This is fantastic... I can't get over how much you fit in there. Love that curled bit of sheet music too. Fab!

penny4thoughts said...

Fantastic collage - so much dimension in all your tiny pieces!