Friday, June 1, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge #8 - Repurposed Packaging

The 8th Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2" is up on Linda's blog. This time the technique is Repurposed Packaging on pg. 62 of the book. In this technique, Tim gives two different ways to repurpose the plastic packaging that surrounds many of our craft purchases. I wanted to play with both. I made a textured layer for an ATC and some butterfly embellishments. I love how the embellishments can be shaped!
 For my ATC, I used a stamped collage background like was done here, but instead of adding color,  I did a wash with gold perfect pearls and muddied the background a bit.
 I layered the textured repurpose plastic layer over the background with brass dragonfly brads and some punched flowers with mine brass brads. Added a laughing fairy image and my repurposed butterfly embellishments. What a fun way to used up the plastic packaging.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! I just love this one - wonderful work!

Jane Mort said...

This is gorgeous!

catherine said...

This is a fab ATC and love the technique with the butterflies
x catherine

EmeralDQueen said...

This is a gorgeous ATC.

Helen said...

Beautiful! The butterflies are just gorgeous.

Shelann said...

Very pretty, love your colors and composition.

Sue uk said...

very delicate, lovely

chrissy said...

Love this ATC!!!
Chrissy

cavlvr2012 said...

Golly, I love this piece. Anything fairies are the best.
Great work.