Saturday, June 16, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge #10 - Tissue Wrap Flower

The 10th Challenge from Tim Holtz's book "Compendium of Curiosities 2" is up on Linda's blog. This time the technique is the Tissue Paper Flower on pg. 37 of the book. I didn't have the tissue wrap when Tim demonstrated this technique last year in his final 12 Tags of Christmas post, so I was glad to have this prompt to try it today! An added bonus in Linda's Challenge this week, the Funkie Junkie's Boutique is offering a $25 gift certificate to one participant.
Here's my flower following the instructions in Tim's book.
 I love how Tim's tissue wrap takes water and the the Distress Stain without dissolving or wilting. I sprayed the flower with water then applied peeled paint Distress Stain, then dried with a heat tool.
 Sprayed with heirloom gold Perfect Pearls mist.
 Added a large bauble brad to the center of the flower. This close up sort of shows the glimmer of the Perfect Pearls mist.
Decided on of my Torn Specialty Paper Background cards needing something, so I added my tissue wrap flower to the front:


1 comment:

alison said...

Stunning card Carol, lovely textures & flower x