Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Page for Lynn's World of Color Round Robin Journal

I received Lynn's wonderful World of Color Round Robin Journal as part of a swap on Kindred Soul's Art Group. Lynn choose Red & Black as her colors. These colors make me think of Spain & flamenco! I painted the page red with acrylic paint and covered with a black lace that had a decorative edge Used the decorative edge to hang over the right side, sewed the edges together and added various red beads.
 Randomly stamped some black script on the background of a flamenco dancer image with black ink and layered over red and black ribbons. Added a red and a black feather to the image along with some beads. Made a large flower using the tattered floral die with black paper and some faux velvet I had in my stash, along with some black lace and a black bead.
 I decided not to add anything "extra" to the back of the page, but the lace and ribbons that were wrapped all around, except I added some more red beads to the black lace on the edge.
Time to send the book of to the next participant.....

3 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Its Gorgeous Carol. Love the lace and feathers!!! Great job with my color choice.
Hugs Lynn

Miranda said...

Hi Carol, just found your blog and it's great! Like all the background ideas, I have a lot to catch up with! creative greet Miranda

chrissy said...

Very cool page Carol!
Chrissy