Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chunky ATC - getting started

I signed up for a Chunky ATC swap on the Kindred Souls Art Group. I hadn't seen one and was surprised at how "chunky" they are. 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" x "2". All six sides have to be decorated. 
First I sanded the edges.
 Coated all sides with light coat of gesso and let dry.
 Painted all sides with Pearl Turquoise Lumiere paint, and let dry.
 Stamped a saying on the long sides with India Ink. Stamped flourishes on all six sides with green acrylic paint (wash acrylic paint off your stamps right away). Let dry.
 Used gold Lumiere paint, in some places sponged over sequin wastes, in others applied dots with a pencil erasers. Let dry.
 Used a green oil pastel to add color behind the flourishes, rubbed it in with my finger. Sprayed all 6 sides with heirloom gold Perfect Pearls Mist.
I Now to think about how to embellish all the sides......

No comments: