Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ceramic Tile Necklace

Autumn sent me these tiles awhile ago and I wasn't sure what to make with them. They are very light weight, so I decided to make a necklace out of one of them. I love the coloration on this tile. Before soldering the tile, I stamped a grungy butterfly image on the tile with Black StazOn ink and heat set.
Also before soldering, I cut out a piece of a Worksheet Wonder (like in the previous post) and adhered to the back of the tile and coated it with Liquid Glass.
To add some dimension to the piece, stamped on parts of words with Azure blue StazOn ink to one half of the tile and heat set.
[7/22/10 Last night's photos were so poor, I retook these two last photos this morning.] Added 2 dark pewter beads to each of the jump rings attached to the tile, and added blue fibers and a large silver bead to the bottom of the piece.
Reverse side of the necklace. I think this looks well worn with either side showing.

4 comments:

Rena Sawatski said...

Both pieces are lovely Carol, but I think this one is my favourite. I am sure your partner will be very happy with either one.

chrissy said...

I don't know which I like better???? I think both necklaces are absolutely beautiful!
Chrissy Bornfleth

artymarty said...

this looks great Carol. Well done

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Fun to see what you did with these!