Sunday, August 9, 2009

Large Brown/Bronze Tag

Over on ChunkyBookArtists, we were asked if we'd like to make another color page to add more variety to our Amazing Technicolor Dreambooks, by choosing colors that weren't represented. 7 of us responded, we are only swapping among the seven of us, to get the extra pages. I was thinking of doing a Bronze page, but worried there wasn't much variation within just Bronze and didn't want to have another tag like the black one I had already done for the swap. So I choose Brown with Bronze. hey bronze looks like a metallic brown to me!
I found some lovely dark brown card stock to cut out the tag base. Stamped some flourishes (my favorite flourishes) all over the tag with bronze Encore ink. Stamped these flourishes on part of an image, stamped some words on the image and colored the edges of the image with the bronze Encore ink. Added a bronze colored metal star to the image. Stamp a large "B" image with bronze Encore ink on to a piece of bronze colored metallic paper. Used my finger to color the edge of the tag with bronze Lumiere paint and let dry.
Stamped the back of the tag with a geometric image using bronze Encore ink. Found a vintage image on the web, altered the coloring, Added a description of the color brown (Brown says stability and approachability. It is the color of our earth and is associated with all things natural or organic.) with white type along the top edge, and my details in black along the bottom image, then printed. Used the darkest brown dye ink I had (cocoa) to stamp on a saying to the image, and two butterfly images, also colored the edges of the image with this same ink.
Punched out large floral shapes. One using tan card stock, thickly painted with bronze Distress crackle paint, let dry, ran through Swiss dot Cuttlebug embossing folder, inked surface with brown Brilliance ink to highlight the crackles and edges. The other one using the bronze colored metallic paper and ran through a different Cuttlebug embossing folder, also inked with brown Brilliance ink. Punched a small flower out of Egyptian papyrus paper.
Added an assortment of brown fibers to one end of the tag. Adhered the image of the woman and added a bronze metal object. Added a bronze coil to the top of the metallic paper, adhered to the tag, added a strip of Egyptian papyrus (love the variety of browns in it) with three large bright bronze brads. Assembled the paper flower together with a small bronze brad and attached to the tag.
When I tied the fibers to the tag, added a small bronze metal butterfly charm to the back side of the tag.
This was lots of fun, it's exciting to receive all the different colored tags. Looking forward to receiving the rest of them and binding them all together.

5 comments:

Margaret Weiss said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it. Margaret Weiss

CreativSpirit said...

What more can I say than "It is fabulous" Carol. I am so thrilled that I will be one of the lucky recipients of this gorgeous page.

Thanks so much.

Rosie said...

Carol - this is so beautiful - and I love reading your posts because you patiently explain all the processes.
I don't know anyone who make such gorgeously creative use of the Cuttlebug - wondrous indeed!
Oh and your mini-canvas for Trizzy is awesome - why don't you enter it in the Mixed Media Monday challenge and attract ever more fans? xxx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Totally love this tag!!! Fantastic colour scheme.
I bought some cuttlebug embossing folders to use in my Big Shot & promptly forgot all about them, seeing your bloom reminded me. Guess I should get them out whee they can be seen so I remember to use them!!!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Your tag is gorgeous!!! And your altered pages are fabulous also! Beautiful work!