Thursday, November 15, 2007

Winter Colors

On Next-Generation Stampers, we were challenged to create using Winter Colors. When I was playing with mica to make the book covers in an earlier post, the blue & platinum card stock was so juicy, I laid a sheet of glossy card stock on top and rubbed off the excess. I took a look at this sheet of glossy card stock and noticed the platinum ink was still wet, so I used a paper towel to wipe off the wet ink. The sheet looked a bit spotty so I spritzed on 3 different blue inks and dabbed the excess with a paper towel. I cut the card stock down to three 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" pieces and used a large bare tree stamp to create 3 different images on these pieces. I embossed the image with silver pearl embossing powder. I added some crystal glitter glue and mounted in on dark blue card stock and then onto a plain card.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This trytich has come out really well, love it. Really evocative of winter x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card i love the colors and embossing.