Saturday, September 22, 2007

Beading

I am in a bead swap and had some time to work on these today. I'm doing paper beads, using some paste paper in my stash that I had made a few years ago. I used an old rotary cutter and a quilting ruler and mat to cut the paper into long triangular strips.



Next, I rolled them, one at a time on a thin bamboo skewer, using JudiKins Diamond Glaze to adhere the paper to itself. I tried rubbing the skewer with olive oil to keep it from sticking, but found the best thing was to remove the glued bead as quickly as possible or it was stuck to the skewer.

Then I added more Diamond Glaze, rolled the bead in Prisma Glitter and covered with another layer of Diamond Glaze.

I hope to come up with another idea, so I can sign up a second time. If you want to see some absolutely gorgeous beads and how to make them check out the following sites: Debbie's Beads, Fantasy Beads, Sally A. Niemand Design Studio, being nataha fialkov, A Monthly Rubber Stamps Club, Rubber Road Adventures, Stamper's Mall.


2 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

Lovely beads, Carol!!!

Trish Bee said...

Bravo! These are so yummy! I love them!! Gorgeous! Your getting the hang of this blogging lark now aint ya :)