Wednesday, March 28, 2012

M is for Mulberry Magic

This is a great technique to add some interesting texture to backgrounds, from the Technique Junkie Newsletter.
Sponge on inks to card stock as desired.
 Add a stamped image with dark ink and let dry completely.
 The article says to use Modge Podge for the next two steps, but I found Matte Gel worked just as well. Coat the entire surface with a thick layer of the matte gel.
 Cover with a piece of mulberry paper a little larger than your card and sponge on another layer or matte gel. Gently press the mulberry paper down into the card. Be careful not to tear the mulberry paper.
 When the gel dries, trim the edges of the mulberry paper. I like how this looks.
 I colored the edges with midnight blue StazOn ink and added some images on acetate.

1 comment:

Lourdes said...

Carol.... This work is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!....I really like your piece, I'm a big fan of your blog and you share all your techniques and "artistic experiments" with the hole world!....I'm very happy for that!....

TG for internet!.....

With my best regards from Spain