Saturday, October 1, 2011

Opal Paper Sucess

 See Annette's blog for a video on this paper.
 I think I choose the wrong type of fusible interfacing when I tried this technique yesterday. Decided to do this differently. I ran a piece of mulberry paper through a zyron sticker machine to make the back sticky.. Then inked the top with VersaMark ink.
 Covered the inked paper with two colors of Opals embossing enamel and a small amount of Gold UTEE (another brand of embossing enamel).

 Placed this between two sheets of parchment paper and heated with a hot dry iron until the embossing enamel melted. Let it cool before removing from parchment paper.




 Success! This looks great and feels like it is flexible. Annette says that it can be cut, used in embossing folders, and even sewn.
 Now to decide how I want to use it!


No comments: