Saturday, October 1, 2011

Embossing Enamel ATC

I've signed up for an Embossing Enamel ATC swap on DCI group. Decided to use two different embossing enamel techniques in my ATC. For the background I'm doing a variation of the Resin Fresco technique. Started with thin cardboard and covered with VersaMark ink. Then coated the surface with clear embossing enamel and rubbed most of it off the surface. Heated with a heat tool, until the embossing enamel just melted.
 The Resin Fresco technique has the next step and covering the entire surface with gesso and then drying, but I wanted the brown of the cardboard to be a part of the background as well as leaving the embossing enamel shiny. Then I used my finger to rub on a thin layer of q. nickel azo gold acrylic paint.
 For an embellishment, I used the Opal Paper I made earlier today. I ran it through a embossing folder.
 Colored the raised areas with silver Encore! ink.
 Cut out small butterfly shapes using a Tim Holtz die and inked the edges with the silver Encore! ink.
 To finish the embellishment, I folded the butterfly to create a raised body which I colored with a silver leafing pen.
To finish the ATC I added some decorative borders, an angel image and my Opal Paper butterfly embellishment.

1 comment:

Lourdes said...

That's wonderful!...I'll try soon! Thanks for sharing