Friday, May 8, 2009

Bellie Swap

I'm hosting my first swap on the DreamCreateInspire Group. It's a Bellie Swap. For this swap each person chooses an embellishment (or "bellie") to send to each of the others in the swap AND they have to create an ATC using the same bellie to also send to each of the others. I found some gold metal butterfly charms I wanted to use as my bellie. I cut some red card stock 2-1/4" x 3-1/4". First I stamped flourishes with black Versafine ink. Then stamped a decorative image over it with white Brilliance ink. I used the white to add depth to the card, without competing with the floral image.

I stamped the word "dream" and embossed with detail gold embossing powder.

I cut out vintage image, and followed Linda's advice, and inked the edges of the image with Distress ink:
Adhered the image to my red background, layered it onto black card stock and glued on the gold butterfly charm:
I'm excited to see what the others will create.

1 comment:

Rena Sawatski said...

love the ATC Carol. Can't wait to get my hands on it.