Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mini Memory for Melissa

On DCI, Melissa picked the colors Blue & Aqua for her Mini Memory, with any theme of the artist's choosing. For the background on the canvas, I used the Alcohol Dissolve on Acrylic technique.
Made a stencil with a flourish die cut and the Tim Holtz Mask Sheet. Used this stencil to add Pearlescent Stencil Paste flourishes to the canvas and let them dry.
To finish the canvas, added wings made with Fantasy film, a vintage image, a quote on vellum and some metal star charms with blue fibers.
Update 3/31: Thanks to a good friend who emailed me and let me know I had a typo before I had the opportunity to mail this Mini Memory. I have re done the quote and fixed the error. The above photo is the corrected version. Thanks Rena!!!

1 comment:

Rena Sawatski said...

Carol. beautiful piece. I am sure Mel will love it.