We're doing a Book Study as a group on NGS, using Nancy Curry's book "Texture Effects for Rubber Stamping". This week we are looking at her card "Tulipa". In this card Nancy uses alcohol inks on acetate. Here is my playing with this technique. I find acetate very slippery and easily smeared. I ink up my stamp with StazOn ink, keep the stamp face up, lay down the acetate onto the inked stamp, then take a larger wood mounted stamp and press straight down firmly. Then I lift off the stamp I'm using as a press. For me, this keeps the acetate from moving around. Lift the acetate straight up and let the ink dry.
Nice sharp image on the acetate.
I mixed two colors of blue alcohol ink with Pearl Mixative and blending solution onto a felt pad and colored the BACK side of the acetate.
For my card, I cut out some white core blue card stock and ran it through a Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I inked the raised areas with Distress ink, then sanded off most of the raised areas to reveal the white core. There is just a small bit of ink remaining, cool look.