I also wanted to emboss some paper/materials I hadn't yet tried. I have some attractive wall paper samples. I choose this black paper with silver stripes for the outside covers. Ran it through the embossing folder, ran black Archival ink over the top and heat set.
I used this textured cream wall paper sample for the inside covers. I ran through the same embossing folder, inked the top with black Archival ink and heat set.
The wall paper is very flexible. To do a second layer of embossing that I wanted to keep its hold, I first adhered thin cardboard to the back of the wallpaper after embossing the numbers folder. I then ran this cardboard backed wall paper through the Cuttlebug with the diamond embossing folder. Next I ran a platinum Brilliance pad over the surface to lighten it and give it a little sheen.
I really like how the texture changes the appearance of the page as it moves in the light:
Another paper I hadn't embossed before was thick vellum. I wanted to tie in the inside cover embellishments with the inside covers. I embossed a sheet of thick vellum with the same diamond embossing folder as used on those covers, then punched out two slide mounts.
I ran the same Brilliance pad over the slide mounts and added a bit of this Brilliance ink to two images with my finger. I adhered the embossed wall paper fronts to the other side of the cardboard covers and colored the edges with a silver leafing pen.
For an embellishment on the front cover, I stamped a clock face onto thin card board. To make the clock "cover", I printed the same image used on the inside covers onto a transparency sheet. Before stamping the clock outside edge, I played with placement to decide how I wanted the image to appear on the clock. I stamped the image with StaZon ink and let dry.
I adhered the stamped transparency image to the cardboard, added a silver brad and attached to the front cover. I also attached a metal embellishment with two black brads. Bound the covers and pages together with a Bind-It-All using 1" rings so the holder will expand to hold desired folders and dies.
I stamped the words "be entertained" onto the vellum slide mount on the inside front cover.