Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leafing Pen Resist Backgrounds

Another technique in Bernie Berlin's Book Artist Trading Card Workshop. Bernie suggests using water color paper for this technique. I used two sheets cut into 6" x 4-1/4".
On the first sheet, I dabbed a silver metallic pen over the surface.
I didn't have liquid watercolors, so I moistened regular watercolor paints and blended cobalt green and quinacridone rose over the surface.
Then I stamped a flourish stamp with Brilliance ink.
On the second sheet, I drew random marks with a gold and a copper leafing pen.

Again, I watered down regular watercolor paints to blend over the surface. I used cad yellow pale, perinine orange, quinacridone burnt orange and quinacridone gold.
I stamped another flourish over the surface with Brilliance ink.These will be fun to cut up and use as backgrounds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I especially love the vivid orange/gold one.